Rules & Instructions for access to and travel in Namibia
Latest Update: March 2nd 2021
Namibia is open for international travel. Hooray! As from 1 September 2020, the country opened under the Tourism Revival Initiative. For now, travel is only by entry into Namibia via International Airports and certain land borders with no mandatory quarantine.
- Tourists should submit, in writing, their intention to enter Namibia to the relevant Namibian diplomatic representative in the intended country of departure, 14 days before entering Namibia.
- All travellers must have a negative COVID-19 test result not older than 7 days from country of departure and on this basis will be permitted to proceed to their final destination in Namibia.
(This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 5 years)
(All travellers who arrive in Namibia with a negative COVID-19 test result that is older than 7 days, will be placed in quarantine and tested for COVID-19 on the same day (at own cost). Once a negative test result is received, travelers will be released from quarantine. If positive, isolation is at own cost according to isolation protocols in place.)
- Tourists will have to complete a primary surveillance form and a health questionnaire to be submitted with their full travel itinerary on arrival at the airport.
- Tourists must have private travel insurance to cover medical care or an unexpected hotel stay.
- Only NTB (Namibia Tourism Board) registered accommodation will be considered given they have also been health certified accordingly and comply with safety guidelines and protocols.
- Returning Namibian citizens or Permit Holders may enter the country with or without a COVID-19 PCR test result. In the event of a positive test result or no result on arrival, they will be tested immediately on arrival while in quarantine. On receipt of a negative test result they will be released from quarantine. Anyone arriving with a positive test result will be isolated on arrival at a designated isolation facility or in home isolation subject to mandatory assessment and approval by an authorised medical officer.
- Arrival is only allowed into Windhoek International Airport (HKIA) and Walvis Bay International Airport (WVB) as well as the following ports: Katima Mulilo Border Post, Ariamsvlei Border Post, Noordoewer Border Post and Walvis Bay Harbour.
- Most ports and road borders are still closed for entry into Namibia except for those listed above.
- Non-Namibians, who do not present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result on arrival, will not be granted entry into the country.
- COVID-19 testing in-country is limited to a certain number of tests per day for travel purposes (effective 21 December 2020). All testing needs to be pre-booked and appointments must be made in advance.
Lufthansa – Two weekly nonstop flights – Frankfurt to Windhoek
Condor – Two weekly nonstop flights – Frankfurt to Windhoek
Populaire reizen naar dit gebied
14 days Start From € 3.795,- (pp based on 2 persons, excluding tickets)
16 days Start From € 3.375,- (based on 4 persons, excl. airline tickets)