Rules & Instructions for access to and travel in South Africa (RSA)
Latest Update: March 2nd 2021
South Africa’s borders are open for international travel as from 1 October 2020. Numerous international airports are now open along with many of the land borders.
- Tourists must present a negative COVID-19 test result (in hard copy) that is less than 72 hours old at the time of departure. This must be a certified test by a medical practitioner with the name and signature of the practitioner indicated.
- As of 9 October 2020, antigen tests for SARS-CoV-2 detection will be rolled out to all ports of entry in South Africa with immediate effect. Therefore anyone arriving at a port of entry without a valid certified negative COVID-19 test, will be tested at the point of entry with a test result available within 15 minutes.
- All tourists must download the COVID Alert South Africa contact tracing mobile app and show proof of a confirmed accommodation booking on arrival.
- On arrival at the airport a Traveller Health Questionnaire must be completed and submitted.
- Tourists will be screened on arrival at the airport and anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be tested.
- Tourists must have private travel insurance to cover medical care or an unexpected hotel stay.
- International air travel will be restricted to the following airports:
- OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
- King Shaka International Airport (Durban)
- Cape Town International Airport (Cape Town)
- Lanseria International Airport (Lanseria)
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit)
- Land borders that are currently open (20):
- Between SA and Botswana: Kopfontein, Groblersbridge, Skilpadshek and Ramathabama
- Between SA and Lesotho: Maserubridge, Ficksburg, Van Rooyensgate, Qachasnek, Caledonspoort and Sanipass
- Between SA and Kingdom of Eswatini: Oshoek, Golela, Jeppes Reef, Mananga and Mahamba
- Between SA and Namibia: Nakop and Vioolsdrift
- Between SA and Mozambique: Lebombo and Kosibay
- Between SA and Zimbabwe: Beitbridge
- Mandatory quarantine is not required unless:
- Arriving tourists fail to present a valid and negative COVID-19 PCR test. This quarantine will be at own cost.
- Travellers display any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with an infected person. This test will be done at own cost. If this test result is positive, tourists will be subjected to a quarantine period of 10 days, at a specified location for their own cost.
- If international flights arrive during the curfew hours of 00:00 to 06:00, arriving passengers will be able to proceed to their hotel or home by showing proof of their boarding passes or flight tickets to law enforcement when en route from the airport.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Populaire reizen naar dit gebied
14 days Start From € 3.795,- (pp based on 2 persons, excluding tickets)
16 days Start From € 3.375,- (based on 4 persons, excl. airline tickets)